Leader of heritage digitisation in Europe, Numen provides standard offers of digitalisation perfectly complying with the press collection technical and quality requirements.
Account & Project Manager
The fragile journals were originally printed to last and be used for a short time. They deteriorated all the more as they were heavily used by researchers and the general public.
Their digitisation is therefore a condition which is essential for their permanent preservation.
High quality conversion of the text and online publishing are also ways of economically making the most of a collection, allowing targeted research into genealogical, scientific and economic information.
Numen provides a simple and complete offer allowing to:
- Treat each type of newspaper, whatever the format or binding mode: in sheets, bound, flatbed, small-angle digitisation, from A5 to A0
- Perfectly control the image capture on very large scanners and the appropriate production of metadata
- Optimise the quality of the OCR text, by ensuring a quality level
- Deliver files ready for use complying with the market required standards: JPG 2 000 image file, METS and/or Refnum metadata, PDF file with hidden text
- The information sustainability given the collections degradation
- Transportation, storage
- The handling of your collections entrusted to a trusted service provider
- Your digitalisation process with a single service provider for every type of newspaper
- Your deliverables utilisation through an offer complying the market standards
- The best price-quality ratio
- Access to your newspaper for the benefit of research and culture
- The economic enhancement through your collection diffusion